About the Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers comprehensive education for Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering which attracts highly meritorious students.
The highly dedicated and qualified faculty keeps the academics and research activities of the department in high spirits. The mix of well experienced and young dynamic faculty molds the students as industry ready Mechanical Engineers and as better human being.
- The average experience of the faculty is 11 years.
- Faculty are involved in consultancy projects with industries and research projects funded by government .
Invited lectures and value added courses offered by industry personnel on recent trends to bridge the gap between academia and industry practices.
Faculty and students industrial visits, compulsory in-plants trainings and internships during end semester vacations.
- To reinforce learning, the students undergo projects on their own in every semester. Such projects are demonstrated to industry community during industry-academia conclave.
Encourage students to attend symposiums, workshops and events conducted by institutions like NITs, IITs and other reputed institutions. The students are also actively participating in various industry led technical competitions.
- Students are motivated to write and publish research articles in reputed Journals along with their faculty supervisors.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and
research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial, successful and
fulfilled in advanced fields of engineering and research.
Imparting quality holistic education to the students and enhancing their skills founded on values to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
Maintaining vital, state-of-the-art research facilities to provide the students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
To develop linkages with industries, world class R&D organizations and educational institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
To impart a deep working knowledge of technical fundamentals in areas related to
Design, Manufacturing, Industrial and Thermal engineering in order to address the
needs of the customer and society.
To develop innovative technologies and find solutions to industry related engineering
To strengthen the communication skills of the graduating engineers and mould them
In to ideal team players and excellent leaders.
To train the graduating students to be sensitive to professional and societal contexts
and committed to ethical action.
To provide experiential opportunities to the graduates in new product development,
process, services and systems.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization for the solution of Mechanical Engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze Mechanical engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the Mechanical engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication:Communicate effectively on Mechanical engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
After successful completion of the program, the Mechanical Engineering graduates will be able to,
Apply their learning to design and develop basic mechanical systems and processes.
Select manufacturing processes and their appropriate parameters for the production of typical engineering components.