About the Department
The Field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering covers the design,
manufacture, test and operation of electrical and electronic components,
circuits and system. The students who choose this programme are keen
in acquiring knowledge and skills to take up challenges in a wide range of
applications, include those in energy systems, digital systems, analog and
digital electronics, embedded systems, and robotics.
Our department offers a comprehensive education for Bachelor's Degree in
Electrical and Electronics Engineering. We emphasize the role of engineers in making
a positive contribution to the betterment of society.
To nurture the youth to become technocrats in Electrical and Electronics Engineering who are competent to face challenges and solve problems in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
- To pursue excellence in teaching-learning, training and research, by encouraging curiosity and engagement amongst faculty members and students, in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To promote multi-disciplinary and self-learning activities through project work
- To strengthen industry-institute interaction to provide opportunities to solve real-life problems
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering after 3 to 5 years of graduation will:
Demonstrate expertise in their field, together with the ability to effectively communicate that expertise and use it for problem-solving, by way of analysis, design, and evaluation of electrical and electronic, and information systems
Demonstrate commitment to teamwork while working with others of diverse cultural and multi-disciplinary backgrounds
Demonstrate continuous learning through professional development and self-study
Demonstrate leadership and initiative to advance professional and organizational goals ethically
Programme Outcomes (POs)
After the successful completion of the B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering, the students will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
At the end of the program, the students will be able to:
Develop and implement hardware-based systems using micro-controller and PLC.
Model and analyze the performance of Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems and Power Electronic Systems, using MATLAB, PSpice and VHDL.